Summertime = smoothies. I call this a smoothie bowl but it’s super similar to ice cream! I’ve been starting each day for the past weeks with this soft smoothie bowl covered with all the goods. These add so much fun to my mornings, which is so perfect for the days I am hesitant to roll out of bed.
Making this bowl every morning reminds me I am the artist of my own life and can bring into existence all the things and pieces of myself that I desire.
I like to make a lot of this on an evening of the week where I have more spare time and keep it in the fridge throughout the week so I can bring it out on rushed mornings and still give my body the love and nutrition it needs. This is a perfect meal to do this with and it ensures that I do not ever skip out on breakfast, and because good food usually gets me in a sweet mindset, this smoothie bowl definitely does the trick for my mornings!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 cup original soy milk
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- chia and ground flax seeds blend
- KIND vanilla blueberry granola with flax seeds
- Blend mango, pineapple, soy milk, and agave in a blender on high, pulsing if needed, until you achieve a smooth consistency that is thicker than a typical smoothie you drink.
- Add in 1 tbsp of chia seeds and blend on medium for 10 seconds.
- Once you are done blending, pour your smoothie “ice cream” in a bowl, and top it with rows of chia seeds, hemp seeds, and ground flax seeds. Serve in a bowl and enjoy with a spoon!
Note: To make this more like ice cream, you can add some coconut milk whipped cream on top! It goes perfectly with the tropical flavors from the mango and pineapple.