This always reminds me of the Korean BBQ’s I used to enjoy going to! I decided to use a classic, beloved flavor to spice up the Impossible Burger meat that always fills my fridge, and it’s become a weekly favorite of mine.
This rice bowl is a quick recipe that is great for days where you’re crunched on time but want to be sure to grab your protein and iron content for the day.
- 2 Impossible whopper patties (1/2 a pound total)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
- liquid Just Egg (3 tbsp of Just Egg = 1 chicken egg)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- sesame seeds
- white rice
- Thaw Impossible meat for ~30 minutes if it was kept in the freezer. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on a pan, then add in minced garlic.
- Cook garlic for ~2 minutes on low heat, then add in the Impossible patties, mashing them with a spatula until they are fully ground. Cook the meat and garlic on low-medium heat for 4 minutes, mixing as needed.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, red chili flakes, black pepper, brown sugar, and sesame oil to make the sauce.
- When the meat is still 30% red in color on the pan, pour your sauce over the meat and garlic and cook on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Scramble your Just Egg on a (medium-high) heated and olive-oiled pan until fluffy and soft. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Take the flavored meat off of the heat and place into a bowl with white rice. Squeeze the lime juice on top of your meat, then top it all off with some scallions, sprinkling on cilantro and sesame seeds. Note: Including sesame seeds into your meals is a great way to keep up with your recommended magnesium intake!
- Place your scrambled egg onto the meat, and enjoy your 100% cruelty free dish!